Wow, I'm engaged...
I have been with my partner for Mark for 10 years now, and some might say it is overdue but the time is perfect… Y’see I have had a long struggle to realise why in fact anyone would want to be with me in the first place and I have spent many of years whilst being with Mark actually wondering how someone can love me when in fact I didn't really love myself very much. Mark has been the perfect partner: putting up with a lot of crap, my insecurities about myself, about him about life in general and has still remained a pillar of strength for me, he is the type of person who 100% supports me no matter what, listens and lets me lean on him when I need him but also talks huge amounts of sense.
I am so lucky.
Being engaged is an amazing feeling – things have definitely changed for the better, it’s a renewal of love, everything is fresh, new and exciting! I’m gushing… I can’t help it. For me being engaged isn't about how big my ring is, how lavish our wedding is or even how many wedding pressies we get, I am just so excited to know that Mark will be my husband and I will be his wife forever….
For those who have been sick and stopped reading , I am done with the mushiness Done. And so, for those who are single or for those who are spending this Valentine’s day alone? Fear not, why not spend this Valentines doing something for YOU. Here are my top tips:
- Buy yourself a bottle of champers and punnet of strawberries – who says they were meant for two people?! There is nothing quite like the sweet taste of the strawberries and bubble texture of the champers to get the taste buds flowing, and hey… its all for you.
- Buy a big box of chocolates – simple, you get to eat them all yourself.
- Pick up the phone call your friends or even member of your family and arrange to do something – whether it be a simple movie night round yours, a trip to the cinema or even a meal out – don’t let Valentines define you.
- No friends or family nearby? Use skype, twitter or facebook to connect with people far away.
- Who is your celeb crush?? George Clooney? Ryan Gosling? Rent a ton of movies all based around your celeb crush and spend the night ogling…
- Turn up the music, get the karaoke machine out, or just dance – either way, don’t just sit down alone, hop to it and get moving!
- Know that you're not alone... On Valentine's Day, it is common for people to feel like they're the only single person out there and everybody else is with a significant other, however that is just an illusion - thanks to the commercialism The reality is that there are a lot of single people out there. Being single does not make you an exception, it actually makes you a large segment of he population. There is someone out there who loves you, celebrate it.
- Spend no more than £3 on yourself by treating yourself to some Radox. Me and Radox are a match made in heaven. Pour Calendula & Rose bath for a calming, luxurious soak, or ‘spice it up’ with a glug of Eastern Spirit. All these come in shades of pink which make them perfect for a Valentine’s dip in the tub. Light some candles, turn the music on and take a relaxing soak – no getting the tap end to!