Oh yes, it's that time of year again: saying goodbye to the past year and welcoming in a new year with all its hope and promise. 2010 is officially over and what a year it has been! We could all harp on about the ups and downs. For me personally, there has been plenty of downs, but more importantly, this year has been a year of change - Both personally and professionally. I wont bore you with the details, think most of you probably already know, but to be honest with you, I'll be quite glad to see the back of this year - there has been some 'goods' that I will look back on and smile, but some 'bads' that I will gladly wave off into the sunset.
So come on then, who wants to share New Years Resolutions?? I know, I know, every year we all make lists of them and then by the time February comes, I tend to of lost focus... so, by putting them on here I hope it might spur me on... kinda... maybe..
- Travel - one that most people will have on their lists - but this could mean anywhere, both UK and overseas. It's something Ive never really done, I want to go and experience a different way of life, see different things and breathe different air. First choice place to visit: Egypt! Who's coming?
- To think positive and be happy - something I struggle with immensely, and even thought it seems like such an easy thing to do, when it's something you haven't done or been before , you soon realise just how important it is. Karma has a real habit of coming around to bite you on the ass and I believe if you dont give out happiness, you don't get it back.. so here goes
- To continue to grow my hair! Yep, a bit of a shallow one! I have never, in the whole history of my life (all soon to be 27 years of it) had hair longer than my chin. So, I am going to continue on the long and rather arduous journey of attempting to grow out my horrid asymmetric hairstyle into long luscious locks.... eeek
- To learn a new language. Not only will it help in my travels (see above) but I loved learning languages at school so cant wait to get back into it. Starting at French, Spanish second, then finish with Italian - that's enough to keep me going for a year right?!
- To go to the Theatre. I have never ever been before ( I KNOW!) so, even if I don't have anyone to go with, I'm going to see some shows... enough said!
- To laugh more, cry less and no stressing! Says it all......
I think that's all for this year... I'm pretty sure more will come out as the year progresses, but least this gives me something to aim for?! Come tell me yours!
Lastly, I have to sincerely thank all of you for making the latter half of 2010 the best year I've had - continuous support and love from you all, have made me the person that I am now. Thank you! Special thanks to the following:
The Bloggers and Twitter Friends
Every single member of my family - Mum, Dad and my Brother
and my very amazing friend Laura Pyke.
Thank you all for everything....